so nice to meet you
Founded by Janice Carnevale in 2006, Bellwether Events is an open and affirming company dedicated to wedding planning and coordinating Washington, D.C. weddings. Bellwether Events wants you, your family, and your friends to have the best possible experience, both during the engagement and on the wedding day. We believe the secret to a fun and stress-free wedding day is planning with purpose. Together, we will make the effort necessary to iron out even the smallest detail well in advance of your special day. Because the day is in the details.
The Bellwether Events Approach to Weddings
Bellwether Events will help you create a wedding that is uniquely yours. There are countless ideas for weddings. We will help you articulate what defines you as a couple and hone in on the theme, look, or motif that best suits you and your desires.
Bellwether Events is here do the work that you don’t have the time to do. There is a limitless amount of information out there. With so much to review it can become overwhelming, as well as distracting. We will do research for you, and help to narrow your focus when it is time to make a decision.
Bellwether Events will offer recommendations and suggestions when you’re lacking answers. We will always be honest with you and your family regarding where we find our information. Together, we will discuss your options before you make your decision. We want to you feel confidant that the vendors you are hiring are reliable, conscientious, and flexible.
Bellwether Events will help you stay on budget. We work with a wide range of vendors in the Washington, D.C area and beyond. Do we have our favorites? Yes; but weddings are not “one size fits all.” You deserve to have options. Bellwether Events is always looking out for new, interesting people who offer a wonderful product or service.
Bellwether Events takes a team approach to weddings. We believe in and encourage positive relationships with other event professionals. Your wedding will be successful if all the vendors get a long and work as a team.
We will ensure that your time is spent celebrating with your family and friends; not worrying about managing your wedding day. There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to a wedding and someone needs to be in charge of all of them. Don’t put that burden on yourself or another guest.
Bellwether Events offers event planning services in Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. In addition to weddings, we are happy to assist with the planning of your anniversary celebration, bar/bat mitzvah, birthday party, or with a corporate bash that you are hosting. We can also add engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, and bachelorette and/or bachelor parties to your wedding planning services contract.
Janice Carnevale Highlight Reel
- Born and raised in Northern Virginia (C.D. Hylton High School ’98), graduated from University of Pittsburgh.
- Discovered her passion for wedding planning in 2002 at the Spirit of Washington.
- Transitioned to off-premise catering sales in 2004.
- Founded Bellwether Events in 2006.
- Dog rescue advocate and volunteer for Internet Miniature Pinscher Service since 2007.
- Wrote and released The Elegant At-Home Wedding in 2013
- Likes: live music, live sports, fantasy football, crossword puzzles, her Kindle, recycling, good hugs, eating and drinking
- Dislikes: Cooking, cleaning, having to look for parking, extreme weather conditions
- Lives with her husband Larry and her two rescue dogs, Nikki and Tammy in Falls Church, VA.